Sunday, June 01, 2008

Why don't you write me?

Here.
Couldn't find a video, but here's a link to listen, if you can identify!

Gearing up for a busy season. Looking forward to running around like a crazy next week, and already had a taste of that last week. I love that my current work is very seasonal. I like the gearing up and gearing down: I always have one or the other to look forward to!

I've been craving a bit more human contact, so this is good timing. Next week should be entirely people-tastic.

Some of the plants I put in last week are ok, but the saddest ones are still pretty beat, and I think that a couple of them are true 'goners'. So now I'm dithering about whether to pull them out and plant something new to work out the whole 'live plants are better than dying ones' feng shui issue, or letting them give it their best shot. I feel like I owe them a chance...

A friend of mine mentioned to me that one of the local women's shelters is in great need of money to keep functioning. I also know the food banks have been really low all year. I've been reading much about saving money and being frugal on the innernets lately, and I imagine we are all scrabbling a bit to cover fuel costs, etc., but I'll just take this opportunity to remind you: sharing what you've got feels really good. And, it's the right thing to do. Please remember all the folks who need your time and dollars, and give what you can!

No comments: