Friday, September 07, 2007

Bike v. car

Oh, forgot to say: biked to work 3 days out of 5 last week. (Trying to keep myself accountable here.) This weekend, drove a couple of hours (each way) for family visit, so 'undid' all the good biking I've done, and probably then some. On the up side, the car does get much better mileage long distance than on short in-town drives. Still.

Back in town with a summer cold (boo) as of Tuesday, home sleeping it away since then. Off this afternoon to go do errands on bike. Well, I'm hesitating.... could I get the extra books to a donation site today if I took the car? Well, maybe I'll set out on bike to do the first few items on my list, and then see. I'm not really sure how fit I feel after sleeping two days straight, anyhow. To do: help friend uninstall internet service; return DVDs to library; pick up milk and maybe something good to eat for dinner; take stacks of unwanted books to other library for book sale.

No comments: