Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wait, that wasn't a _closet_ door!

It's a sad commentary on the lack of organization in my home that I was injured this morning while opening the freezer door. A leaping ice pack (among other volunteer items). Yup. I know: I too thought their purpose was to heal, not harm. Well, the square, hard type, not so much. Maybe they're more about leaping out of the freezer and going on a picnic. Bit me in the ankle, it did. So I put an ice pack on it....

Been walking around limping all day, but close inspection after first look showed I had not after all severed a major artery, just a vein, and that swelling and bruising and such, while indeed spectacular, did not warrant a trip to the emergency room. Because, even as I screamed "OW" in my head (funny, but I don't tend to do this out loud), I immediately thought: damn, now I am going to have to spend the day in the emergency room waiting for help. Because what doctor in their right mind would take this injury ahead of anything else, right? So, was v. glad to be able to stay at home and make some little progress on the crazy big 'to do' list. Laundry is on its way to the dryer. This is good, as my weekend ends tonight.

Found this while looking for a picture of the ice pack that bit me. I love some of these lifehack type sites. There's a parenthack site that's pretty good out there, for those of you w/little ones. I'll find it and link someday.

No comments: