Friday, August 29, 2008

Ewww!

Ok, that's one job just got a lot easier and more expensive.
Here's what is apparently in most of the sofa cushions, and therefore unscrubbable/ unwashable even if I could get the smell out out the cushion fabric:
So the stuffing can't be kept, and the cushion fabric isn't really worth keeping, and likely won't wash well. So now I guess my choices are: keep the couch frame, find or make new cushions/ pillows; ditch the sofa, do not replace; ditch the sofa, replace with new sofa. Anyone want to make an argument for any of these options or another I have not yet considered?

You need to know that:
1) I got this sofa for free about 8 years ago and moved it once.
2) I am exceedingly cheap and like to use things until they are all used up.
3) We might change living quarters sometime in the next 2 or 3 years.
4) I have not yet ascertained if the cat stank is isolated to the pillows/cushions.
5) Despite being cheap, I like to window shop for furniture.
6) Every piece of furniture in our house is hand-me-downs, except for our bed and the futon in the guest room, which has seen better days, too, frankly.
7) Having learned more about the wonderful world of bed bugs since we acquired said furniture (all second hand knowledge, knock on wood!), I am now not too into the idea of second-hand upholstered furniture.

That is all.

1 comment:

Ursa said...

Oh, and that's not mold, it's just that the shredded foam is multicolor. So it's not as gross as it could be, I suppose.