Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cats and trees

Here's a site I found years ago, but was thinking of again, as I browsed the Drs. Foster and Smith site looking at cat trees. The basic, mass market trees are so expensive, and I don't find them very aesthetically pleasing, for the most part. But these people have created an original, whimsical and in many ways beautiful home full of what is basically primitive (in the sense of untrained) art that is also cat-welcoming, and fun. Some day, if I get to tinkering, something similar might happen at our house. Or something like what Smith Industries does with natural trees for catteries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really awesome. I've always wanted to do something cool like that for our cats...actually, I saw something about making wall-steps for cats from Ikea shelves...must look into that. :)

GB usually makes our cat trees from random wood and carpet scraps...though at this apartment, we broke down and just bought them one. But now I want to do up the whole house... :)

Ursa said...

Hmm, not sure I'd want a cat with IBS over head....